Wednesday 3 November 2010

36 easy pieces

I'm between Name-Cushions at the moment and so have embarked upon my first blanket. I'm aiming for 5'x4' made up of 36 10x8 and a 1/2 inch (approximately) rectangles which is 6 down and 5 across; 18 patterned and 18 plain. I can make one patterned one a night if i'm not distracted. Here's the first 3:




The purple is much more vibrant in real life - for some reason it never photographs well. The yarns are a mixture of acrylic, wool and blends. Cheap acrylics (Hayfield Bonus) are great for bright colours in bit-parts on this sort of job, 'though i did splash out in the night on a couple of bright balls of Rowan Felted Tweed to liven and class things up. I'll be on the plain rectangles until it arrives.
  When all the parts are connected, i'll sew it to a fleece backing which will hide the messy back and make it really cosy.

No comments:

Post a Comment